Best Golf Irons in 2020
TaylorMade Golf M2 Iron Set 4-PW Right Hand Steel Regular Flex
- Pushing the limits in iron design
- Ultra-low CG & Max-cor
- Geocoustic engineering
Callaway Golf 2018 Men's Rogue Irons Set (Set of 6 Total Clubs: 5-PW, Right Hand, Steel, Regular Flex)
- 360 Face Cup + VFT for more Ball Speed
- MIM'd Internal Standing Wave for Optimal Flight and Control
- Urethane Microspheres for Great Feel
- Rogue Performance Package
TaylorMade Golf M6 Iron Set, 4-PW, Right Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: KBS Max 85
- MORE SPEED WITH SPEED BRIDGE: The new Speed Bridge structure unlocks the ability to use our fastest thru-slot Speed Pocket for the first time in our players distance category
- IMPROVED SOUND AND FEEL: Speed Bridge supports the topline to reduce low-frequency vibrations for a more satisfying sound at impact; Advanced HYBRAR compression damper effectively filters unwanted face vibrations for a soft and solid feel on all shots
- OPTIMIZED FOR FORGIVENESS AND PLAYABILITY: Fluted Hostel and 360° undercut effectively lowers CG to increase launch angle and ball speed to generate a strong, penetrating ball flight even on low-face impacts;
Cleveland Golf 2018 Men's Launcher HB Iron Set (Set of 7 total clubs: Steel, Regular, Right Hand, 4-PW)
- Hollow construction
- High strength Ht1770 steel face
- Progressive design
Cleveland Golf 2018 Men's Launcher CBX Iron Set (Set of 7 total clubs: 4-PW, Right Hand, Regular, Steel)
- Tour zip grooves
- Double laser milling
- Progressive V sole
TaylorMade M4 Irons Set (Set of 7 total clubs: 4-PW, Steel Shaft, Right Hand, Regular Flex)
- RIBCOR localizes face flexibility in the hitting area, transferring more energy to the ball to increase distance and accuracy
- RIBCOR stiffens the perimeter of the head creating a more rigid structure, enhancing sound and feel. RIBCOR mitigates toe flexibility for tighter dispersion
- Optimized heel & toe weighting provides an increase in MOI vs M2 17, resulting in more forgiveness. Ultra thin leading edge works in conjunction w/the speed pocket to increase speed on low face shots
- More distance: fluted hostel and 360 Undercut allows for redistribution of mass low in the head to increase launch distance, and consistency
- Aftermarket shafts: kbs max 85 and Fujikura atmos Red shafts are designed to deliver high launch and maximum ball speed
Callaway X HOT Iron Set, 4-9, PW, AW (8-piece), Steel, Right-Handed Regular Flex
- Long, fast & forgiving
- Designed for fast ball speeds and more distance
- Great feel and satisfying sound
2018 Cobra King F8 One Length Iron Set (Set of 6 total clubs, Men's, Right Hand, Steel, Stiff Flex, 5-GW)
- One length design-cobra first one length irons are re-engineered to match 7 iron weighting and length to deliver more consistent trajectory and distance gapping throughout the set
- Forged VFT Pwrshell Face-A thinner, variable thickness face design enhances the active sweet zone for faster ball speeds and higher lauch across all points on the face.
- Carbon feel technology-for the first time EVER in a iron, a lightweight carbon fiber medallion supports a thinner face while delivering improved sound and feel
- TECFLO progressive set technology-advanced construction technologies combine to create the ultimate progressive irons that deliver tailored performance throughout the set
- Progressive spin technology-v grooves on the 4-6 irons reduce spin, U-Grooves on the 7-PW optimize spin, and the wedge-spaced grooves on gw-sw-lw deliver extra sping for shots around the green
Nike Men's Dry Victory Polo Solid Left Chest, Gridiron/Flight Silver, Medium
- TEE OFF IN COMFORT: Nike Dry Victory Men's Golf Shirt is made with double-knit fabric and Dri-FIT technology to help you stay dry, comfortable, and focused.
- GOLF POLO: The men's shirt features a ribbed collar designed to prevent curling and back neck tape that moves smoothly against your skin. The 2-button placket provides a customizable fit.
- DRI-FIT TECHNOLOGY: Nike Dry fabric moves sweat from your skin for quicker evaporation, and a comfortable feel. Nike polo shirt for men is crafted from 100% recycled polyester material.
- REGULAR FIT: Regular men's polo fit through chest and waist with slightly lengthened sleeves. Rolled forward shoulder seams allow for natural range of motion.
- NIKE POLO: Regular fit, fabric: 100% polyester, imported, machine wash
Cobra Men's 2018 F-Max One Length Iron Set, Black/Gold Regular Graphite Right Hand
- One Length Set Makeup-F-Max One Length irons have been re-engineered for 7 Iron weighting
- Offset Design-An offset hostel design creates higher launch with more draw bias for straighter, more accurate shots
- Low Profile & Deep Undercut Design-A lower profile club head design moves
- Specialty Wedges-Specialty wedge designs in the GW and SW provide added versatility and shot control around the greens
- Premium Chrome Finish-Nickel chrome plating provides better aesthetics and durability for great looking and longer lasting irons
Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson at the Buick Open: Is Tiger's Dominance a Problem?
As a new golf season starts, who has been dominant and who will be dominant in 2020 between to of the greatest golfers of our time.
Does Tiger's dominance mean Phil should always try for second and hope for first? I don't think so. Phil already had a pretty good chance to do what Tiger considers to be "easily within reason", win a grand slam. Back in 2005 Phil won the PGA and won the next major, the 2020 Masters. On the final day of the 2020 U.S. Open, on the back nine, after having the lead, from the 16th on it was hard to watch.
He seemed to be chasing the win with his long game alone and going for broke on each long shot is what put him out of even a playoff bid for the Open. Ironically it was his laying up on the 18th hole of the third round of last years Deutsche Bank Championship that set up his final round victory and his last win over Tiger. Sometimes when the conditions are just right this is the best duel in sports.
Who will win be the winner between these two golfers at the Buick Invitational? Buick is one of Tiger's big sponsors and he has used a win at the Buick to springboard some of his best seasons. Phil won one of his first two PGA events at the Buick in 1993. I think Tiger comes out ahead of Phil. Who will win outright? Maybe it will be Camilo Villega's time to duel with Tiger on Sunday. I'm just glad that as professional football winds down to its last great game of the year, professional golf is already there to provide drama, pathos and joy from the athletic among us.