Best Hollow Body Golf Irons in 2020
Extreme X5 Wide Sole iBRID Iron Set Senior Men's Complete 8-Piece Iron Set (4-SW) Right Handed Senior Flex A Flex Club with Premium Men's Arthritic Grip
TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set, 4-P/Rh R
- Forged Hollow Body Construction
- Low Profile Tungsten Weighting
- Thru Slot Speed Pocket
- Progressive I C T
Powerbilt Golf EX-550 Hybrid Iron Set 4-SW Men's RH Graphite
- Men's 4-sw Hybrid iron set RH
- Graphite-shafted regular flex
- Hollow-body construction for high MOI/added forgiveness
T11 Power Back Tall Iron Set 4-SW Custom Made Golf Clubs Right Hand Regular R Flex Steel Shafts Jumbo Golf Grips +2" Longer Men's Standard Irons
- MAXIMUM FORGIVENESS: Your shots will launch higher and fly straighter and truer more than ever before! Hollow body and cavity construction lets us put the weight where we want it so you get an incredibly forgiving iron.
- MORE FLEXIBLE FACE: A more flexible iron face helps the ball jump off the club with some serious ball speed behind it. It adds to the forgiveness too - the ball speed is high wherever you hit it on the face.
- ADVANCED, PROGRESSIVE LOOK: The sole designs are what you want to see - wider in the longer irons to give you confidence, narrower in the shorter irons because we know you'll hit those well. With a progressive, modern topline.
- Right Handed / Assembled with Premium Regular Flex R Flex Apollo Ultra Light Weight Steel Shafts / UPGRADE: JUMBO Black Golf Grips / +2" Longer Than Men's Standard Length
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA: All of our custom made golf clubs are assembled in our Riverside, California Factory in the U.S.A. Our highly trained Club builders have custom assembled more than 1 MILLION golf clubs! LIFETIME WARRANTY ON YOUR GOLF CLUB DUE TO NORMAL BREAKAGE PERIOD! This is the best Warranty that the Golf Industry has to offer!
TaylorMade Golf P790 UDI Utility Club #2 RH Stiff
- Forged hollow body construction
- Speed foam
- Low profile tungsten weighting
- Thru slot speed pocket
Menâ€™s Powerbilt Golf EX-550 Hybrid Iron Set, which Includes: #4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW +SW Senior Flex Right Handed New Utility â€œAâ€ Flex Club
- Right Handed. Senior Flex Graphite Shaft
- Men's Black Pro Velvet Grips
- Men's Standard Length: #4=39 1/2 Inches: Loft=24 Degrees, #5=39 Inches: Loft=27 Degrees, #6=38 1/2 Inches: Loft=30 Degrees, #7=38 Inches: Loft=33.5 Degrees, #8=37 1/2 Inches: Loft=37 degrees, #9=37 Inches: Loft=41 Degrees, PW=36 1/2 Inches Loft=45 degrees, SW=36 1/4 Inches Loft=56 degrees
- SW features traditional wedge design
- Hollow-body construction for high MOI/added forgiveness
Cobra 2017 King Oversize Iron Set (Men's, Right Hand, Steel, Reg Flex, 4-GW)
- PowerShell Face-More Distance. More Forgiving. More Precise. A thinner, stronger face and sole structure delivers our largest Sweet Zone ever with higher ball speeds and explosive distance
- Full Hollow Body Construction-Full hollow design delivers preferred sound and feel and lowers CG for improved consistency and distance
- Oversized Profile-Larger club head profile at address provides increased ball speeds on off-center hits for more distance and forgiveness
- Tungsten Toe Weighting-High Density tungsten weight is strategically positioned low on the toe of the club head for a lowered and centered CG for more precision and easy-up distance
- 100% CNC Milled Face & Grooves-CNC Milling improves groove structure and created to deliver maximum spin and trajectory control throughout the set
Heavy Ginty Golf Clubs Altima Heavy Iron Set Complete 8-Piece XL Big & Tall Men's +2" Over Standard Length (Heavy Weighted - Extra Weight) Iron Set (3-PW) Premium Steel Shaft - Regular Flex
- Right Handed / Perfect Fit for Golfers 6'3" to 6'4"
- XL Big & Tall Men's Length: #3=41 Inches and 20°, #4 =40.5 Inches and 23°, #5 =40 Inches and 27°, #6=39.5 Inches and 31°, #7 =39 Inches and 35°, #8 =38.5 Inches and 39°, #9 =38 Inches and 43°, #PW =37.5 Inches and 49°
- Premium Steel Shaft - Regular Flex / Black Jumbo Size Pro Velvet Grip
- Designed for maximum forgiveness / Iron heads are heavier to ensure maximum distance
- Note: PW face has more grit ensuring better bite/backspin on the ball
New Tour Edge Hot Launch 4 18 2 Iron-Wood Graphite UST Mamiya 60g Regular Flex
- Heavy Sole: Positions more weight below the ball for high-flying shots
- Super Thin Forged Face: With Variable Face Thickness for a powerful launch
- Hollow Hyper Steel Body: Maximizes stability so every shot is powerful and accurate
- Progressive Sole Width, Offset and Topline: Makes the set seamless so that every club is perfectly suited to hit every shot desired
- Rear Inverted Crown: Lower CG for the highest launching iron-woods to date
Tour Edge Men's HL3 Iron-Wood Graph Set, Right Hand, Regular, Graphite, 4-PW
- Redesigned thinner forged face delivers maximum spring effect and features variable face thickness T
- Heavy sole and hollow body create a low CG to increase launch angle and added forgiveness
- Available individually or as a complete set
Three Public Golf Courses to Play in the OKC Metro
Coffee Creek Golf Club, John Conrad Golf Course and Trosper Golf Club are three excellent choices for golf in the Oklahoma City area.
Coffee Creek has the feel of a country club with its spacious pro shop and Out of Bounds grill. The club includes a driving range and practice putting green. The course itself is well-landscaped and is surrounded by homes in the Coffee Creek neighborhood. This is a par 70 course that offers many challenges to the average golfer. Beginning golfers may find some of the holes a little too challenging. Several of the holes require the golfer to shoot over water, but 13 and 18 are the ones that always seem to attract my balls. The Par 3s at 5, 8, 11 and 14 are all straightforward holes that can help you get your score back on track if you've struggled with the water hazards or dog legs. To help with your game, the golf carts at Coffee Creek are outfitted with a GPS system. If you're able to park the cart next to your ball, then you'll get yardage to the green and even information about hazards and other tips to help you make the best shot. The score card is available online at the Coffee Creek Web site and you can also book tee times online. This course is busy on the weekends, so I generally prefer to play during the week.
John Conrad is a course I've played many times as part of a golf league. Although the fairways and greens are well-maintained, you won't get the same feel as a course like Coffee Creek that is landscaped with flowers and shrubs. The clubhouse is small, even for a municipal course. However, you'll find that a lot of regulars golf at John Conrad and that the course manager, Larry Denney, is well-known in the golf community in the Mid-Del area. The course includes a driving range and a practice putting green. The fairways on most of the holes are wide open, often with sand traps along the edges and water hazards that must be crossed or that run alongside the hole. This is a Par 72 course that is 6854 yards from the championship tees and 5511 from the ladies' tees. I enjoy playing this course mainly because I like to walk a course and John Conrad is relatively flat and easy to walk. In addition, since it is a municipal course, it is very reasonably priced. The course hosts a number of leagues and tournaments in spring and summer, so I recommend always calling ahead for a tee time. More inforamtion is available at the Midwest City Parks and Recreation Web site.
Trosper is a wooded course with a creek meandering through it and many sand bunkers around the greens. The water does not come into play as much as it does on Coffee Creek and John Conrad. This course is a good one for families to play as it is a relatively short Par 70 course. It too provides a driving range and a practice putting green. I find the first hole and the last hole the most challenging. The rest of the holes are relatively straight on. However, if you're a golfer prone to hitting into the trees, you may find yourself frequently in the woods. The course has four sets of tees that allow players of all skill levels to play comfortably. You can view the score card and find more information at the Oklahoma City Golf Web site. Like John Conrad, a number of leagues and tournaments call this course home, so call ahead for tee times.
The Oklahoma City area has many golf courses to choose from. Over the years, I've found that I return to these three over and over and enjoy myself each time. I recommend Coffee Creek for regular golfers who can maintain a steady pace of play and John Conrad and Trosper for new players and those who tend to play a bit more on the slow side.