Best Old Golf Irons in 2023
Orlimar Golf ATS Junior Boy's Blue/Lime Golf #7 Iron (Right Hand Ages 5-8)
Orlimar Golf ATS Junior Boy's Red/Black Golf #7 Iron (Right Hand Ages 9-12)
- Ages 9-12 years old or between heights of 4'4 inch -5
- 33.5 inch long/right handed
- Flexible composite shaft
- Soft rubber grip
Paragon Rising Star Kids Junior #9 Iron Ages 11-13 Blue/Right-Hand
- Oversized stainless steel wide-sole iron for lower center of gravity.
- For children ages 11-13 (knuckle-to-ground measurement 26"-30").
- Available in right-hand and left-hand.
- Golf Digest Hot List Gold Award-winning series.
- Manufacturer's Lifetime Warranty on Graphite Shafts.
TaylorMade M4 Irons Set (Set of 7 total clubs: 4-PW, Steel Shaft, Right Hand, Stiff Flex)
- RIBCOR localizes face flexibility in the hitting area, transferring more energy to the ball to increase distance and accuracy
- RIBCOR stiffens the perimeter of the head creating a more rigid structure, enhancing sound and feel. RIBCOR mitigates toe flexibility for tighter dispersion
- Optimized heel & toe weighting provides an increase in MOI vs M2 17, resulting in more forgiveness. Ultra thin leading edge works in conjunction w/the speed pocket to increase speed on low face shots
- More distance: fluted hostel and 360 Undercut allows for redistribution of mass low in the head to increase launch distance, and consistency
- Aftermarket shafts: kbs max 85 and Fujikura atmos Red shafts are designed to deliver high launch and maximum ball speed
Distinctive Right Handed Junior Golf Club Set for Age 6 to 8 (Height 3'8" to 4'4") Set Includes: Driver (15"), Hybrid Wood (22, 2 Irons, Putter, Bonus Stand Bag & 2 Headcovers
- Right Handed Junior Set Includes: Driver (15"), Hybrid Wood (22), #6/7 Irons(1 piece), #9/p Iron (1 piece), Putter, Bonus Stand Bag and 2 Headcovers
- Height: 3'8'' to 4'4''
- Right handed
- Ergonomical lift handle for easy Use
- Designed for Juniors to improve distance and accuracy
Precise XD-J Junior Complete Golf Club Set for Children Kids - 3 Age Groups Boys & Girls - Right Hand & Left Hand! (Red Ages 6-8, Right Hand)
- LIGHTWEIGHT CLUB HEADS WITH EXTRA LOFT. BALL CAN BE HIT IN THE AIR MORE EASILY!
- ALL AGE GROUPS INCLUDE A JUNIOR HYBRID, WHICH IS EASIER TO HIT THAN A LONG IRON
- ULTRALITE JUNIOR FLEX GRAPHITE SHAFTS ON ALL CLUBS!
- LIGHTWEIGHT JUNIOR GOLF BAG WITH STAND! DUAL STRAPS FOR BAG ALLOWS IT TO BE CARRIED LIKE A BACKPACK!
- GOLF BAG INCLUDES GRAB HANDLE TO LIFT AND MOVE AROUND EASIER
Wilson Golf Profile JGI Junior Complete Golf Set â€” Small, Red, Right Hand
- Engineered with Super Game Improvement technology to enhance new Junior golfer experience
- Weight is positioned very low in this oversized junior driver to help launch the ball for a better ball flight off the tee
- Short Iron features large hittable face to provide forgiveness for developing swing speeds
- A heavy sole wedge moves through the golf ball to prevent errant shots close to the green
- The heel/toe weighted putter features an alignment aid to promote correct setup to the target
Wilson Deep Red Tour Complete Golf Set Men's, Right Hand, Tall
- Complete golf set includes premium components, advanced materials and the latest technologies
- 460cc Driver features large sweet spot and aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance
- Deep, undercut stainless steel cavity-back irons are precision engineered for longer, straighter shots
- Lightweight, premium Carry bag features adjustable shoulder straps, rugged handle top, numerous pockets and self activating stand
- Scoring clubs features very low weighting for better greenside control and improved shot making
Nitro Golf Set Blaster Youth 6Piece Complete with Bag
- Right handed clubs
- Includes; driver, 2 irons, and putter
- All graphite shafts
- Nitro Mallet Pro putter
- Nitro junior Sling golf bag
Precise Teenager Complete Golf Set Includes Titanium Driver, S.S. Fairway, S.S. Hybrid, S.S. 7-PW Irons, Putter, Stand Bag, 3 H/C's Teen Ages 13-16 Right Hand & Left Hand Available! (Right Hand)
- Includes Titanium Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid, 7-PW Irons, Putter, Stand Bag, 3 H/C's
- 460cc Titanium Driver! Stainless Steel Woods and Irons
- 100% Graphite Shaft On Woods & True Temper Steel Shafts on Irons!
- Matching Deluxe Dual-Strap Golf Bag and Headcovers! Carry your bag like a backpack!
- This Set is Available in Right or Left Hand! For Teenagers Ages 13-16!
Golf Along the McKenzie River Near Eugene, Oregon
Tokatee Golf Club and McKenzie River Golf Club offer top-notch golf just outside Eugene, Oregon.
Along the way, the river provides a wide range of outdoor recreational options for area residents, who take advantage of its fantastic fishing and boating opportunities. The river creates a picturesque backdrop for hiking and sightseeing, as well, but my personal favorite way to enjoy the McKenzie is during a round of golf.
And in Eugene, we're lucky to be relatively close to a couple of top-notch courses that are situated alongside the river in the McKenzie River Valley.
Tokatee Golf Club
Tokatee is an incredible course, which helps explain why "Golfweek" magazine regularly tabs it among America's Best Courses You Can Play. The 18-hole layout, which is on the north side of the McKenzie River alongside Highway 126 in the town of McKenzie Bridge, is also consistently ranked by "Golf Digest" magazine as one of Oregon's best courses.
Play it one time and you'll see why.
Tokatee is relatively tough, with a course layout that demands accuracy, with tree-lined fairways and copious amounts of pine and fir trees scattered throughout the course, as well as water hazards and some pretty gnarly bunkers. Point being, if you spray the ball off the tee, you're probably going to struggle a bit at this course.
But even so, just take a deep breath and look around you. The course and its surrounding views are magnificent, and as you get to Tokatee's southernmost holes - where the water really comes into play - it starts to feel as though you're in some sort of wilderness oasis, surrounded by forested land and taking in views of the surrounding mountains.
Like many spectacular views, you'll have to earn your vantage point. The course is about 50 miles northeast of Eugene, so plan on at least an hour's drive each way. The silver lining is, Highway 126 follows the McKenzie River nearly the entire way, so the drive sort of doubles as a sightseeing trip.
Tokatee's also not typically cheap, although you can save money by walking the course. It plays from 5,018 yards to 6,806, so it is walkable, and is, with a few exceptions, not overly hilly. As of January 2020, green fees were $42 for 18 holes, plus another $30 for an electric cart. But the course offers discounts from February to May and from September to November, so if you can withstand a bit of mountain cold and some potential rain, you can save some money by teeing it up during those stretches.
McKenzie River Golf Club
A lesser-known golf gem along the McKenzie River is the aptly named McKenzie River Golf Club. It's closer to Eugene than Tokatee - just 20 miles to the east - and quite a bit cheaper.
The course is not in the same league, but the views are comparable and, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best golf value in the Eugene-Springfield area.
As of early 2020, McKenzie River was charging just $22 for 18 holes. It's a nine-hole course with alternate tee boxes to create a different round from the front nine to the back.
I love this course, because it's fairly close to town but feels like it's out in the middle of nowhere. The views are fantastic, and several of the holes run right alongside the McKenzie River, giving it a peaceful feeling.
Both McKenzie River Golf Club and Tokatee Golf Club offer something a little different, with varying degrees of difficulty between the two courses creating a different golfing experience.
But one thing they have in common is the McKenzie River Valley, and the river itself, making both courses well worth the trip from town.